At Victor H. Burdick Jr. DDS in Littleton CO, we make each appointment a noteworthy experience with our attention to detail, and commitment to each patient’s dental health.
Good dental health means having healthy teeth and gums. Maintaining it is something that you have to work at every day. It can be a real balancing act: using the right oral care products, sticking to your personal oral care habits, and attending regular checkups.
Your dental health strategy should include:
- Daily Brushing and Flossing: You should brush and floss twice a day. Just before bedtime is especially important, because it cleans out the germs and plaque that build up during the course of the day.
- Proper Brushing: It’s important not only to brush, but to brush properly. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush in a gentle, circular motion along the gum line. Take your time; a minimum of two minutes is recommended. Don’t forget to brush your tongue!
- Fluoridated Toothpaste: There is a myriad of choices when it comes to toothpaste. Whether you prefer mint flavored or bubble gum, fluoride is the most important consideration. It is your best defense against cavities.
- Limiting Sugary and Acidic Foods: Acidic fruits, teas, and coffee contributes to enamel erosion. Sugar converts into acid when it’s in your mouth. You don’t have to avoid these foods entirely, but choose carefully and minimize.
- Seeing Us Twice a Year: You saw this one coming, right? Your daily dental health care habits are essential, but so is the attention and care of a dentist. A professional teeth cleaning alone is worth the trip, but we can also identify issues before they become serious, and treat them.
At Victor H. Burdick Jr. DDS in Littleton CO, we want every checkup to be a noteworthy experience, and for all our patients to enjoy excellent dental health. People from Ken Caryl, Englewood, and Centennial come to us for general and cosmetic dentistry. Request an appointment today!