Life is full of unpredictable situations that lie outside of your control. The last thing that anyone wants is to break or lose a tooth unexpectedly or try to go through work with a terrible toothache or other dental pain. If you are in a situation that requires urgent dental care, our office is fully equipped and ready to help.
Same-Day Emergency Dental Care
Here at Dr. Burdick’s office, we do our best to offer same-day emergency dental care during our normal patient hours. This means one less thing that you have to worry about when you are experiencing a traumatic situation.
We have experience in a wide variety of emergency dentistry services that treat many issues including:
- Severe toothache: If you are experiencing persistent, sharp pain that refuses to go away, you might need urgent dental care. We will diagnose what it is that you are experiencing and fix your teeth accordingly. Goodbye pain!
- Chipped teeth: Chipped teeth can lead to additional chips and potential nerve damage or infection that further compromises your tooth, and could even lead to losing the tooth. Don’t let this happen! Make an appointment today.
- Broken or cracked teeth: If you are chewing with broken or cracked teeth, you run a high risk of further damage to the structure of your tooth. Come in today to resolve the issue and protect your teeth!
- Knocked out teeth: Teeth can get knocked out for numerous reasons: sports injuries, bad falls, car crashes. We are here for you in these scary situations. If this happens, it is important to get emergency dental care to try to save the tooth if possible.
- Facial trauma: If you suffer severe facial trauma, such as a broken jaw, see your emergency room right away—but call us on the way! We can schedule you to fix your teeth as soon as your more severe injuries have been taken care of.
- Abscess: An abscess often looks like swelling around the tooth root, or sometimes a pimple-like bump on the gums. This is caused by an untreated infection in your teeth which can lead to built-up pus, and it should be treated immediately.
Other emergency dentistry situations could include unexplained or severe bleeding in your mouth or gums, swelling in your gums or around your teeth, or any other oral pain that is causing you discomfort. Call us right away, and we’ll get you scheduled for urgent dental care as soon as we can!
What Should You Do While You Wait?
There may be some time between calling our team and arriving in our office to receive your emergency dental care, but that time doesn’t have to be stressful if you know what to do. Depending on your situation, take advantage of the following tips:
- Knocked out tooth: Save the tooth if at all possible. Ideally, store the tooth in your cheek, or the socket where it came from. If this is too painful, put the tooth in a glass of milk rather than water.
- Tooth or gum pain: Press a cold compress to the area, which can reduce pain and swelling at the same time. If you take any pain medication, take a note of it so you can tell your dentist what you took if necessary.
- Bleeding: Use a clean cloth or gauze to stem any bleeding. Press firmly on the area, but not so firmly that it causes pain. Avoid using materials that can disintegrate in your mouth, like tissue paper.
Don’t Wait, Schedule an Appointment!
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, we are here for you! Don’t settle on suffering through mouth pain or an unbearable toothache. Schedule a same-day emergency dentistry appointment with Dr. Burdick today!