If you’ve been suffering from tooth loss or widespread dental decay, we want you to be able to get back to using your teeth for chewing, smiling, and all of your daily activities. Dentures are a prosthetic device designed to restore the functionality of your teeth. We offer the latest procedures available to give you natural-looking teeth that you can be excited about!
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures allow you to reclaim your oral health in a way that is not possible with traditional dentures:
- Sturdy support. Ensuring your comfort is one of our top priorities. With implant dentures, your teeth are secured in your jaw. You don’t have to worry about your dentures slipping out of place or coming out at a bad time.
- Chew more food. Implant-supported dentures are built to restore your full chewing capability. You will be able to enjoy many tasty foods that you were previously unable to eat with traditional dentures or missing teeth!
- Maintain an active and healthy jawbone. Missing teeth result in jawbone shrinkage that occurs over time—but not with implant-supported dentures! Implants stimulate and strengthen your jawbone, meaning that the rest of your mouth stays healthy and vibrant.
- Natural look and feel. You don’t have to worry about your replacement teeth looking bulky or unnatural. Implant dentures result in a natural look that you can be proud of! Plus, they just need regular brushing and flossing to keep them clean.
The Implant Denture Process
Receiving your implant dentures requires a multi-step process that will transform your mouth.
- At your initial consultation, Dr. Burdick will take scans and x-rays of your teeth so that your whole mouth implants can be placed and your natural-looking implant dentures can be created.
- Dr. Burdick then works closely with an oral surgeon and periodontist who can place the implants securely in your jaw.
- After the implants are placed, they will need time to fuse with your jawbone and you will need time to heal before the dentures are secured. During this time you will be given a temporary denture so that you can maintain the use of your teeth.
- Once you have healed, Dr. Burdick will create and place your implant-supported removable or permanent dentures.
Voila! Just like that you are the proud owner of a new set of teeth that are indistinguishable from the originals.
Are Removable or Permanent Implant Supported Dentures Right For Me?
We offer both permanent and removable implant-supported dentures for many different preferences and lifestyles. We want you to make the decision that is right for you. During your consultation we will discuss factors about which option makes the most sense.
Permanent dentures will look and function just like your natural teeth. Once Dr. Burdick places them on your implants, you can treat them just like your original smile with regular eating, brushing, and flossing.
The only time you’ll need to worry about your teeth again is if you have a problem with an individual crown—just like with natural teeth.
Removable implant dentures will stay in your mouth just as securely as permanent implant dentures, but they come with the option of removing them for easier cleaning at night or better comfort while you sleep if you prefer them out.
Removable dentures are attached to your implants with sturdy snaps, rather than screws. This means they stay nice and strong all day, but with firm pressure, they can be easily removed and replaced by you whenever you need.
Restore Your Teeth in Confidence With Our Skilled Dentist
When it comes to dental restoration, Dr. Burdick is the man for the job! He stays dedicated to continuing his dental education and is involved in multiple professional dental organizations for professional development.
The organizations and education he’s been involved in include:
Dr. Burdick, DDS, knows a great deal about restoring smiles, and he can help you make the right decision for your dentures when you come in for a whole mouth implants consultation today!
Contact Us Today to Learn More About Implant Dentures With Dr. Burdick
There are likely many questions that you have about which type of dentures are right for your health and lifestyle. Call Dr. Burdick’s office today to set up a consultation where we can have an in-depth discussion about your situation.